Playtop Licensing Limited (“Playtop Licensing”)
Playtop Licensing Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy sets out the basis on which we collect personal data from you and the way in which it will be processed by us. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We collect different types of information about you for the following reasons:
- To provide goods or services to you, either at your request or in order to fulfil an existing contractual relationship;
- For our legitimate interests, namely in order to help us monitor or improve the products or services we offer; and
- If we have your permission or you have requested information from us, to market specific goods or services to you. You can revoke this consent at any time.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information on you:
- when you become or request to become a customer;
- when you request information from us;
- when we speak to you over the phone during the ordering process or in the process of managing your account.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The information that we need from you so that we can transaction business with you is your business name, a contact name, address, telephone number, email address and where applicable your VAT details. In processing your order (or opening a trading account), we may use your data in the following ways:
- to provide you with our products and services, which includes managing, processing and despatching your orders as well as processing payments for your orders;
- to manage your customer or credit accounts and to keep adequate records of your past purchases;
- to contact you regarding your order, or if we change the way that our products or services work;
- to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you based on your previous purchases and enquiries (if you have given us your permission to do so); and
- to send you our Newsletter or other marketing information.
We also collect technical information about you when you visit our site in order to help us monitor or improve the products or services we offer. This information includes the IP address of the computer used to connect to our site, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform. This helps us to monitor and improve on the products and services we provide. In doing so, we may use your data in the following ways:
- to improve our site so that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
WHEN WILL WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will not share your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent.
We reserve the right to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal requirements, enforce our terms and conditions, or any other agreement we enter into with you, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business and other customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WILL WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP HOLD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
How long we store your personal information depends upon the type of information we are holding and the purpose for which we need it.
We will keep your data for the period of time you hold an account with us, to enable us to contact you, keep a record of your past orders and supply you with any new orders. We will not keep your personal information for any longer than necessary to fulfil our obligations to you or to meet our legitimate business interests or legal requirements.
You have the following rights:
- to request that we provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you;
- to request that we rectify any information we hold about you;
- to request that we erase any information we hold about you;
- to restrict the level of processing we carry out with your information;
- to obtain from us all personal data we hold about you in a structured, machine readable form, and have this information transmitted to another organisation;
- to object to our processing your information in certain ways; and
- to withdraw your consent at any time to our processing of your data.
You can exercise any of the above rights by emailing us at email@example.com. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office if you are unhappy in any way with how we treat your personal information.
We will comply with any request made under this section as soon as possible, and normally within one month from the date of your request. However, if necessary, for example if your request is particularly complex or we receive a number of similar requests, we may extend this period by an additional two months, but we will notify you if we need to do this.
Please note that where we receive requests under this section which are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, we may:
- charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or taking the action requested; or
- refuse to act on the request.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our site may contain links to our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. We advise you to check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.